10th Grade Latin IV - Week 30 < Week 31 > Week 32
Review for Catullus Final Exam
Catullus Final Exam
Today you'll read Aeneid 8 and respond to the attached doc. Attach your completed doc to this Assignment. Due by Monday, 6am.
**A couple notes**
1. if at all possible, please type up your summary (photos/scans of handwriting are difficult to read)
2. The second half of the document asks you to summarize the characters' involvement in this specific book (not a general explanation)
If you don't yet have a copy of the Aeneid, there are some websites which contain decent translations:
Work on Catullus Presentation (due to me on or before Thursday, April 22nd (11:59pm))
You will turn in the following:
1. A document comparing Catullus’ poetry to the work of your artist. You will have two columns: Catullus’ Latin poetry on the left, modern artist’s song lyrics, etc. on right, and they will be arranged in a way that highlights the similarity of each pair of works in order to build your overall case. 12 pt. Font, Times New Roman (vel sim.), 1.5 spaced. There is no limit to the number of points of comparison, but your argument needs to be exhaustive.
2. A document that provides the narrative (i.e., paragraph form) which proves your argument. Here, you will reference the works from the first document, comparative biographical material from the two artists’ lives, and any other information which proves your case. 12 pt. Font, Times New Roman (vel sim.), 1.5 spaced.
3. Your PowerPoint/Canvas/Google Slides/etc. presentation, which you will use in your presentation to the class.
You and your partner will sign up for a time slot to give your presentation on April 23rd, 26th, 27th, 28th or 29th. Your presentation is expected to last 10-15 minutes.
see Thursday's assignment!