8th Grade Latin II - Week 19 < Week 20 > Week 21
No School - MLK Day
To prepare for your pre-comp, you need to:
(1) Be very familiar and comfortable with the vocabulary of the stories in Stage 22. Retake each Gimkit from Stage 22 a couple of times:
amor omnia vincit 1: https://www.gimkit.com/live/5fec948666f0bd0022e6ce50/5f15fe5a8ba68e0022d2d733
amor omnia vincit 2: https://www.gimkit.com/live/5fec94f266f0bd0022e6d0ac/5f15fe5a8ba68e0022d2d733
amor omnia vincit 3: https://www.gimkit.com/live/5ffb2ed4c6dee900224cdfce/5f15fe5a8ba68e0022d2d733
(2) Reread the stories in Stage 22 (see again the attached scan of Stage 22). Work with a classmate on this and translate together. If there is a problem that you cannot sort out, just send Mr. Yaggy a chat.
SALVETE! Today's class is ASYNCHRONOUS!
(1) Watch this tutorial video and take notes on the perfect active participle, which we nickname REPLICAS - find out why!
(2) Assess your understanding of REPLICAS with the "About the language 1: perfect active participles" Buzz quiz.
(3) Watch this tutorial video and take notes on the genitives of description and quantity.
(4) Assess your understanding of these new genitive uses with the "About the language 2: more about the genitive" Buzz quiz.
(5) Download the attached copies of Stage 23 and the Unit 3 glossary and language information.