8th Grade Latin II - Week 23 < Week 24 > Week 25
SALVETE! Today's class is SYNCHRONOUS!
(1) Take this Gimkit to familiarize yourself with the vocabulary of Salvius consilium cognoscit.
(2) We will read Salvius consilium cognoscit together with this Pear Deck (joinpd.com with code vbotfm).
(3) Watch this tutorial over About the language 2: cum + imperfect subjunctive.
(4) Assess your understanding of cum clauses and imperfect subjunctives with this Buzz quiz.
(5) Practice cum clauses with both the pluperfect and imperfect subjunctive with this "cum quandries" Classkick worksheet.
SALVETE! Today's class is mostly ASYNCHRONOUS!
(1) Access your "cum quandries" Classkick worksheet. Once there, you will:
(a) click on the drawing of the hand in the upper right hand corner (to raise your hand)
(b) look in the upper left corner and click on the "raised hands" notification (highlighted green)
(c) select a random paper to help that student
(d) once you are on another student's worksheet, you will type your name near the top of the paper
(e) after typing your name at the top, you will review each one of the student's Latin and English responses
(f) if a response is completely correct, write the word "correct"; if it is incorrect/incomplete in some way, correct/complete it. Use a different color than the original answers to differentiate your corrections from the original responses.
(2) By 11:40am, begin taking (again) this Gimkit to familiarize yourself with the vocabulary of Salvius consilium cognoscit.
(3) By 11:50am, we will begin reading the conclusion of Salvius consilium cognoscit with the same Pear Deck (joinpd.com with code vbotfm) we used on Wednesday. You should be able to pick up where you left off. If not, type your name into the first slide and then resume answering the questions with slide 19.
(4) Review verb tenses with this "Name that verb" worksheet on Classkick.
(5) Review cum clauses and the imperfect and pluperfect subjunctive with "More cum clause" on Buzz.
(6) Your test on Stage 24 is Friday. All Buzz quizzes (except the one in #5 above) are unlocked for you to use as practice.
(7) Here is a Gimkit of all the vocabulary included in the story on your test. [COMING SOON!]
Stage 24 Test - good luck!
As always, it is on Buzz. 40 questions (multiple choice and free response) in 55 minutes.