9th Grade Latin III - Week 11 < Week 12 > Week 13
SALVETE! Today's class will be (mostly) ASYNCHRONOUS!
This is your last chance to show me what you know and don't know ahead of our test on Wednesday!
(1) Take this Pear Deck (joinpd.com with code: awfymo) to assess your understanding of verb tenses, participles, subjunctive clauses, and more.
(2) Take "Identifying Active and Passive Verbs" on Buzz to assess your ability to translate verbs of different tenses and voices.
(3) Take "Verb Identification" on Buzz to assess your ability to identify verb tense and voice
Tomorrow will be a study period to prepare for our test.
Today is a study period for you to prepare for your Stage 30 Test.
Objectives you need to master in order to earn an A on tomorrow's assessment:
(1) Identify the tense and voice of any verb (e.g., What is the tense and voice of amatus est?)
(2) Translating any verb (e.g., What is the best translation of amatus est?)
(3) Forming any verb (e.g., From amo, amare, amavi, amatus = "to love," what form means "he was loved"?)
(4) Identifying the type of subjunctive clause (e.g., What subjunctive clause is found in the sentence mihi imperavit ut gratias suas tibi agerem?)
(5) Know the vocabulary typical of Stage 30 and previous stages.
Like always, you need to spend a lot of time on Buzz, finding old quizzes that target the specific concepts with which you are having difficulty. You also need to retake old Gimkits from Stages 29 and 30 as well as this Gimkit over the vocabulary that will be found in the Stage 30 test passage.
Here are links to the tutorial videos I've shared with you over the last two stages:
Present and Imperfect Passive (Stage 29): https://youtu.be/73ummgqyRNw
Perfect Passive Verbs: https://youtu.be/lCA8oG7L_Rw
Relative Clauses of Purpose (Stage 29): https://youtu.be/cHZzMm-0Y6g
Today is your Stage 30 Test.
As with your other tests, this is on Buzz.
At the beginning of class, log into Buzz and the test itself, then wait for the password to begin.
SALVETE! Today's class is (mostly) SYNCHRONOUS!
(1) Download the Stage 31 text scan (see attached).
(2) Take this Gimkit over the vocabulary you will encounter today.
(3) Review the passive voice with this Buzz quiz over Practicing the language 1.
(4) Log into this Pear Deck (joinpd.com with code: zxwavh) by 2:35pm and we will look at the Stage 31 Model Sentences together.
SALVETE! Today's class will be (mostly) SYNCHRONOUS!
(1) Take this Gimkit on the story adventus.
(2) Read the story adventus and demonstrate your understanding with the attached "adventus" worksheet. Turn in here on Teams.
(3) Practice active and passive voice by completing the "Changing Active/Passive" Buzz quiz.